In Act I, scene iii, Macbeth and Banquo go to visit the witches . During this meeting, the prediction that the three witches make about Banquo is that his sons would be kings. The first witch says, "Lesser than Macbeth, and greater." (Act I, scene iii) The second says, "Not so happy, yet much happier." (Act I, scene iii). And the third witch finishes the prophecy when she states, "Thou shalt get kings, though thou be none: /So all hail, Macbeth and Banquo!" (Act I, scene iii.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?
The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...
-
The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...
-
The price elasticity of demand, sometimes simply called price elasticity, measures how much the quantity demanded of a good changes when its...
-
Other than their backgrounds, there are a few differences between the two characters. Ponyboy is definitely a stronger character in terms o...
No comments:
Post a Comment