Thursday, October 24, 2013

Can anyone explain the correlation between center of pressure and center of gravity with reguard to velocity in spin stabalized symmetric...

Not a ballistics expert, but I think I've got your answer!!  Or at least I can provide you with a few formulas that relate linear velocity of rotation to the velocity of advance, and account for caliber and rifling, and get you going. The formulas are bit complex, my calculus isn't great, and the word processor I'm writing on can't handle math and scientific notation, so I'm not going to even attempt to display them with all the greek and subscripts, but you can find the formulas here:

Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th ed., vol. 14  pg. 133  sec 51.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?

The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...