Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Does anyone happen to know any of the important quotes from Cold Sassy Tree?

"Well, good gosh a'mighty! She's dead as she'll ever be, ain't she? Well, ain't she?" (Rucker Blakeslee says this to his daughters in an attempt to legitimize his second marriage.)

"I'm sayin' I love you, dang it! I'm sayin' I want you to be my wife! I'm sayin' I been a-waitin' to hold you in my arms ever since the day we got married. No, way longer than thet, Lord hep me. Miss Love—Love, I been a-waitin' for this minute ever since the day I laid eyes on you!" (Here Rucker shows his true, honest affections for Miss Love.)

"I'm saying that after I missed the love boat, I wasn't going to settle for a raft-meaning somebody like Son Black. But I'm glad to settle for a man I can respect, and a family I'm proud to be part of. I think Mr. Blakeslee is probably the only completely honest man I've ever known..." (Miss Love is explaining here to Will why she married Mr. Blakeslee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?

The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...