Sunday, February 23, 2014

How do I have to write a four-page paper on Rupert Brooke for my English class?My teacher wasn't very specific. She said we can use just about...

Good question. Is there a specific work by Brooke that interests you? I would suggest literary criticism. Perhaps Letters from America or Puritanism in the Early English Drama, as I find his prose work to be a easier to work with than his poetry.


Now, that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't look at or consider his poems, ("Sleeping Out: Full Moon" is a favorite of mine) but when it comes to poems, I would suggest comparing/contrasting two works, perhaps from his eariler and later periods. Then again, a criticism is usually a good way to get yourself thinking about a work. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?

The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...