Thursday, April 30, 2015

What is the exact quote about "...words left unsaid or deeds left undone" from "The Little Foxes"?

It's from Chapter 1 of "The Little Foxes" as you correctly suggest:

The bitterest tears shed over graves are for
words left unsaid and deeds left undone. "She
never knew how I loved her." "He never
knew what he was to me." "I always meant
to make more of our friendship." " I did not
know what he was to me till he was gone."
Such words are the poisoned arrows which
cruel Death shoots backward at us from the
door of the sepulchre.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?

The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...