Saturday, January 30, 2016

I need a sources about school uniforms and I need the work cited from where?I'm doing a report about school uniform I need help with works cited...

I hate to dispute the teacher, but About.com is an excellent resource for students AND teachers. The only people who can write articles for them are experts in the topics about which they're writing. Ironically, the teacher cites a New York Times' article, but doesn't realize that About.com is owned and operated by the New York Times Company and its editors are, in some cases, former New York Times editors. There is a rigourous review period for their writers and their Guides receive paychecks for their work just like any other professional. Furthermore, they compete with other industry insiders before being hired, and to even be considered, they must be reputable sources within their field. Most professors and/or teachers accept About.com stories as resources, because they're written by experts.


I know this because I am a Guide at About.com.


The teacher is correct about Suite101.com and Wikipedia, however. I have heard, though, that Wikipedia is strengthening its requirements due to lawsuits that arose out of some fictional information being published about several well-known public figures.


Good luck with your report. I hope this isn't too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?

The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...