Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What does General Zaroff propose to rainsford in "The Most Dangerous Game"?

In "The Most Dangerous Game" I interpreted it that General Zaroff proposes to Rainsford that they hunt together.  Rainsford asks to be excused because he doesn't feel well.  The next day Zaroff proposes yet again that they go hunting.  When Rainsford says he wants to leave the island, Zaroff says he is sorry to hear that and because he won't hunt with Zaroff, Rainsford will become the prey.

""Well, I suppose that's only natural, after your long swim. You need a good, restful night's sleep. Tomorrow you'll feel like a new man, I'll wager. Then we'll hunt, eh? I've one rather promising prospect--" Rainsford was hurrying from the room.

"Sorry you can't go with me tonight," called the general. "I expect rather fair sport--a big, strong, black. He looks resourceful--Well, good night, Mr. Rainsford; I hope you have a good night's rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?

The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...