Saturday, February 28, 2015

I'm reading "Hamlet," and I don't quite understand how to answer a question in my packet.It is refering to Act 4 when Hamlet's ship is caught by...

After changing ships, Hamlet tells the pirates who he is.  Hamlet then tells them if they get him home to Denmark safely that he will make sure they are "rewarded."  He also makes sure that his letter gets to the King of England through Horatio and lets him know Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are still going to England.



"I boarded them. Just then, they sailed away from our ship, so only I became their prisoner. They have dealt with me like thieves of mercy. but know what they had done, I am to do a good turn for them. Let the king have the letters I
have sent, and come to see me with as much haste as you would fly death. I have words to speak into your ear will make you speechless, but are they much too light for the heart of
the matter. These good fellows will bring you to where I am. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are still going to England. I have much to tell you about them. Goodbye. He that you knows you, HAMLET."


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?

The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...