Friday, January 17, 2014

From what acts in The Crucible do these quotes come from?1. “… there are wheels within wheels in this village, and fires with in fires!”...

From what acts in The Crucible do these quotes come from?

1. “… there are wheels within wheels in this village, and fires with in fires!”

2.“If the crop is good I’ll buy George Jacob’s heifer. How would that please you?... [With a grin] I mean to please you, Elizabeth... [He gets up, goes to her, kisses her. She receives it. With a certain disappointment, he returns to the table.]


3.“Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life!  Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of them that hang!  How may I live without my name?  I have given you my soul, leave me my name!”


4."There is a faction that is sworn to drive me from my pulplit...I have foughthere three long years to bend these stiff-necked people to me."


5."I mean to please you Elizabeth"...(He gets up, goes to her, kisses her.  She receives it.  With a certain disappointment, he returns to the table.)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the main function of the fool in "King Lear"? What is the secondly function?

The fool as a character is confusing, but part of this is the difference between the 1600s and today, as well as the difference in place. If...